Internet Lodge No 9659
Data Protection Notice
This notice is for all applicants and Freemasons of Internet Lodge.
It applies to the processing of your personal data (which includes photographs) by the Lodge.
Section 1 sets out the purposes for which your data will be used by the Lodge if you are an applicant.
Section 2 sets out the purposes for which your data will be used by the Lodge if you are a member.
Please note that your personal data will also be processed by the United Grand Lodge of England and the Province of East Lancashire as separate data processors and so you are also referred to their respective Data Protection Notices.
1 Use of your data during your application to join the lodge
As an applicant to join the lodge, you consent to the processing, retention and sharing of your personal data for the purpose of assessing your membership application and any other Masonic applications you may make.
2 Use of your data when you are a member.
As a member your data will be processed, retained and shared for any reasonable purposes required by the Book of Constitutions or the bodies it sanctions from time to time. These purposes include, but are not limited to the following purposes:
• Assessing any Masonic applications which you make;
• Registering you as a member of the United Grand Lodge of England;
• Receiving communications to which you are entitled as a member and as a Freemason;
• Recording the progress of your career in the United Grand Lodge of England; and
• Masonic disciplinary processes
You may stop your data from being used by the Lodge by resigning from the Lodge.
If you wish to:
• Object to the Lodge processing your data
• Request access to your data; or
• Request rectification of your data.
The legal bases on which your personal data will be used in accordance with this Section 2 are:
• The legitimate interests of the Lodge as a not for profit membership organisation; and
• The fulfilment of contractual obligations owed to you by the Lodge.